The Gaelic word Sláinte means health and is often used as a beer toast as in “Cheers to your health” – which seems apropos for a new beer sampling group I am organizing for women interested in craft beer in the Tampa Bay area.
Are you interested?
In the Tampa Bay area alone we have at least five craft breweries, and over the coming months we’ll visit them for an evening of education about craft beer, friendship, and great tastings:
- Cigar City Brewing (Tampa) – one of our newest breweries located close to the airport and boasting some of the top picks according to Draft magazine awards;
- Tampa Bay Brewing Company (Ybor City) - which features cask conditioned ales and other specialties now available only on tap;
- Dunedin Brewery (Dunedin) – the oldest Florida microbrewery featuring a wide choice of European style and American style microbrews – mostly on tap;
- St. Somewhere Brewery (Tarpon Springs) - featuring Belgian farmhouse and other hops in their specialty brews;
- Up and coming – St. Petersburg Brewing Company (St. Petersburg) which is pending a grand opening soon.
- Other local brewpubs featuring a range of craft beers from across North America and the world
If you are interested, please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, phone number and email address and I’ll make sure you know when the first tasting evening is scheduled. Tentatively, we’re planning a Thursday night once a month starting in February 2011.