Throughout the U.S., (and increasingly in other countries as well,) full-scale regional BEER WEEKS are becoming the norm. With over 3000 operational craft breweries, Beer Weeks are definitely becoming TOURIST DESTINATION WEEKS!
Our local Tampa Bay Beer Week (#TBBW) is imminent (Mar 7-15, 2015) will again be a celebration focused on local Tampa Bay (30+) and Florida breweries (close to 100!) with a few notable anchor festivals on the first and second #TBBW weekends:
- March 7, 2015 – Florida Brewers’ Guild (FBG) brewfest in downtown Tampa
- March 8, 2015 – Best Florida Beer Brewer’s Ball in downtown Tampa
- March 14, 2015 – Cigar City Brewing Hunahpu’s Day in Tampa
All told, if 2015 is anything like years before, you’ll be able to select from close to 300 events on both sides of Tampa Bay (and north and south to Bradenton, Sarasota, Tarpon Springs, Lakeland, and beyond) – visit the #TBBW website for up-to-date listings and links about 2015 events.
VolunBEER (volunteer) Opportunities
If you’re short on cash or simply want to donate your enthusiasm and energy to making local craft beer events run smoothly (volunteer tasks range by event and can include registration help, checking identification, selling tickets, pouring beer, fetching ice, emptying dump buckets, door security and other jobs,) you may want to join my VolunBEERs database (simply email your name, email and cell number to me: caroldekkers at gmail dot com!)
What’s New for #TBBW in 2015
For the first time ever, the Tampa Bay Beer Week board has commissioned a special beer to commemorate craft beer in Tampa Bay. Brewed this inaugural year by Cigar City Brewing, the Double IPA (DIPA) is already available by the bottle at Cigar City’s Tampa tasting room, and will be available throughout the bay area at local #TBBW sponsors, bars and establishments (distributed by J.J. Taylor.)
Carol’s Event Recommendations for #TBBW:
- Friday night, March 6, 2015: Pinellas: Kick off your beer week festivities in style at the Official Pinellas #TBBW opening night party March 6, 2015 – Flying Pig Taphouse, St Petersburg, FL. Stop by and purchase your 2015 Tampa Bay Beer Week official passport (around $10.), tshirts, glassware and koozies.
- Sat Mar 7, 2015: Florida Brewers Guild Beerfest (see links above) – Tampa
- Sun Mar 8, 2015: Best Florida Beer presents Brewers Ball (see links above) – Tampa
- Mon Mar 9, 2015: Fundraiser “Shuffling for Legg” shuffleboard event night – Pinellas (at the St Petersburg Shuffleboard Club) – click here for details/ Facebook event page. Get a team together and raise money for a worthwhile cause! Tickets available now!
- Tues Mar 10, 2015: Pinellas: Beers against Humanity – an Off Flavors Tasting – Flying Pig Taphouse – 8pm – simply click JOIN to RSVP on Facebook or call Flying Pig Taphouse to join in ($15. per person)
- Wed Mar 11, 2015: TBD. Recommendations to come!
- Thur Mar 12, 2015: Pinellas: Blood, Sweat and Beer film screening – Mad Beach Brewing Company – 7pm – $10. – click here for the ticket link
- Fri Mar 13, 2015: Friday the 13th! Recommendations to come!
- Sat Mar 14, 2015: Hunahpu’s Day – Cigar City Brewing Company (see links above) – sold out! – Tampa
- Sun Mar 15, 2015: Recommendations to come!
Drink responsibly – designate a driver to get you and your friends home safely!