Whenever I am out and about sampling new local brews across the country, people ask me “How do you know what’s happening and when?” I guess the easy answer is “I read a LOT and I’ve got people who tell me what’s going on…”
For date-sensitive events and happenings – refer to the separate page of this blog!
— Carol Dekkers
MICRO BREWERY TOURS & EVENTS:
- WED, THURS, FRI, SAT (11am, 12pm, 1pm and 2pm): Cigar City Brewing, Tampa – Brewery Tours ($5 and include a beer and souvenir pint glass). MUST wear closed-toed shoes and pre-registration is advised.
- THURS & FRI (6-8 pm): Saint Somewhere Brewery, Tarpon Springs, FL – Open tap tasting with Owner & Brewmaster Bob Sylvester. Be sure to call Bob first at (813) 503-6181 to make sure he’s hosting the evening you want to visit! Click here to visit Saint Somewhere’s Facebook page
- THURS, FRI, SAT (5pm): Dunedin Brewery, Dunedin – Brewery Tours ($5 and include a souvenir glass and beer samples) – must be 21 to attend
BREWPUBS WITH FOOD:
- Cigar City Brewing, Tampa, FL (near TPA) – Tasting Room and Tours – what’s on tap plus GROWLERS!
- Dunedin Brewery, Dunedin, FL onsite brewing and restaurant
- Lagerhaus Brewery, Palm Harbor, FL onsite brewing and restaurant
- Tampa Bay Brewing Company, Ybor City, FL (Tampa) onsite brewing and restaurant
PUBS FEATURING CRAFT BEER:
- Steel City Brewhouse (2061 Central Avenue, St. Petersburg): 1/2 price draft beer: Mon-Fri 5-7PM – 20 rotating craft beers on tap!
- Barley Mow Brewing Company (856 West Bay Drive, Largo, FL) – rotating taps changing daily! Join Colleen and Jay for the latest “proudly non-domestic” drafts – and be the first to try out their Barley Mow brews in the coming weeks when their brewing operation starts commercially!
- The Brew Garden (904 North McMullen Booth Road, Clearwater, FL): close to 40 taps of craft beers and double that in bottles, the Brew Garden also features wine, other drinks and a culturally diverse array of delicious appetizers. Worth a visit!
BEER EDUCATION / CLASSES:
- Select THURS nights and SAT afternoons: Total Wine, – Beer Education classes on various craft beer specific topics
- Tampa Bay BeerMug group – $10 annual membership dues
- TUES NIGHT (8-11pm): INDOOR DRUM CIRCLE: Dunedin Brewery , Dunedin, FL – Calendar of Entertainment & Events
- FRI NIGHT (5:30 pm): PedalPub Happy Hour Ride $25 per person (plus drinks) –Leaves Ferg’s Restaurant (1320 Central Avenue, St Petersburg, FL). See their Facebook page
MORE TO COME!
Send suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org